When working with Space data, users often need to interactively create selections of spaces for bulk editing, reporting, or other workflows. Space Manager provides the ability to create and use custom selections at the floor level, which is described in this article.
When a user has selected a Floor record in Details View, they will see a Selection Mode Toggle in the Spaces sub-panel. Once the user has switched Selection Mode on, the application will allow the user to create selections in a number of different ways:
- Select All - Use the check-box to select All spaces on the current floor
- Filter by Attribute - Use the filters to select only the values you want to see. Once you have created a filtered set, click the select all check-box to select those records in the sub-panel grid.
- Click on the Floorplan - Users can click spaces directly on the visible floorplan to select or un-select them. The selection color is applied to those space records which are selected.
- Combination of All - Users can refine their selection sets using combinations of these methods, such as selecting a filtered set and then click selected spaces in the floorplan to un-select some of them.
- Show only Selected - Will refine the records in the grid to only show the currently selected space records.
Once a user has created a selection set, they can use those records a number of ways. To access the available actions, click on the overflow menu on right hand side of the Spaces sub-panel. This will open the menu and allow a user to apply the following actions:
- Clear Filter - This action will reset any filters which have been applied to the Spaces sub-panel.
- Reports - The Report dialog will launch, and feed the selection set into the report(s) you select
- Bulk Update - This will launch the bulk editing dialog, and any edits will be applied to all records in the current selection set.