The InVision Data Administrator application is designed for Administrators and Power Users who are in charge of very large and attribute heavy datasets, and need complete control over all fields for a given entity type. This application template often helps those who are responsible for setup, maintenance, or oversight of InVision facility information, and might include roles such as Facility Managers, Building Managers, GIS administrators, CAD Operators.
This application template supports InVision Foundation setup & data maintenance workflows with a simple, centralized, grid-based data viewing and editing interface. Data Administrator is great for administrators who need access to all the data they are responsible for in one place. Data Administrator is designed to work for a range of tablet and desktop devices (not necessarily smartphones), making it easy to access anytime, anywhere you have an internet connection (Wi-Fi or cellular).
Who should use it?
While your organization can configure as many different Data Admin applications as needed, the following are a couple examples where this application would be most useful:
- The administrator overseeing fire extinguisher inspections needs to fix a mis-spelling that appears in one of the lookup drop-down controls of the InVision Inspector inspection form.
- The administrator overseeing space audits needs to delete an unused space classification and add 2 new space classifications.
- The InVision System administrator needs to review and edit the results of a series of bulk data loads to fix a few minor problems with the import
- Data Administrator application instances allow you to view and edit InVision Entity Types that are registered in the InVision Administration application.
- The grid view displays columns from the Entity Type master layer or table.
- Columns that are editable in the Entity Type edit layer or table AND are marked editable in the Data Administrator application configuration are editable in the grid.
- For InVision system administrators, Data Administrator application instances can expose all InVision Entity Types for a centralized view of all data in the system.
- For departmental administrators, Data Administrator application instances can expose the subset of InVision system data that is appropriate. Note: this requires creation of a separate application instance.